I posted an upper body cable workout video on my YouTube channel. I wanted to compliment it with a blog post. The exercises are listed below along with the link to the video.
Upper Body Cable Workout
- Side Lateral Raise: Stand next to the cable pulley system. Hold the handle attachment with one hand on the opposite side of your body. Be sure that your palm is facing you. You are going to extend your arm across your body and raise the weight until your arm is parallel with the ground. Pause for a moment. Then slowly lower the weight back down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Front Raise: Using the straight bar attachment, Stand with the pulley in between your legs facing out. Hold the straight bar attachment resting it on your thighs, palms facing down. Then lift your arms with the straight bar in front of you. Raise your arms until they are parallel with the ground. Pause for a moment at the top. Then slowly lower the weight back down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Standing Cable Row: Using the v-bar attachment. Stand with your feet hip width apart in front of you, toes pointing out. Lean over and grab the attachment. Pull the weight towards you until you almost touch your abdominals. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower back. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Single Arm Lat Pull Down: Start by kneeling down on the ground. Then raise your arm above you and grab the handle attachment. Pulldown the weight using the handle until it barely touches the top of your chest. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise the weight back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Face Pulls: Using the rope attachment. Pull the weight towards your face, separating the rope handles as you get closer to your face. Then pause and hold. Then slowly lower the weight back down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
As a Personal Trainer I work with clients to help them become the best version of themselves. By creating innovative and effective workout programs that produce lasting results. If your goals are to lose weight, get lean, and or build muscle I can help. Shop my workout programs and coaching services to get started.
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel. So you can keep up with my latest videos. I hope you enjoyed this upper body cable workout. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.
For more upper body workouts see these other posts,