I posted a workout video on my YouTube channel, of the ultimate arm workout. I wanted to compliment it with a blog post. The exercises are listed below along with the link to the video.
The Ultimate Arm Workout
- Hammer Curl: Start with a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms extended by your sides. Your palms are going to face your torso. Curl the dumbbell forward until it is at shoulder height. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower back down. Repeat 4 sets of 12.
- Dumbbell Curl: This exercise is similar to the hammer curl. The only difference, is that you start by holding the dumbbells with your palms facing forward. Curl the dumbbell forward until it is at shoulder height. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower back down. Repeat 4 sets of 12.
- Wide Grip Lateral Pull Down: Grab the bar with your palms facing forward. Use a wide grip. As your arms are extended above, lean back about 30 degrees. Pulldown the bar until it barely touches the top of your chest. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise the bar back to where you started. Repeat 4 sets of 12.
- Shoulder Press: Start with the dumbbells at shoulder height on either side of you. Make sure that the palms of your hands are facing forward. Push the dumbbells up above you until they barely touch. Pause. Then bring them back down slowly. Repeat 4 sets of 12.
- Seated Cable Row: In the video below I improvised. For this exercise use the v-bar attachment. Start by sitting down on the row machine and place your feet on the platform in front of you. Lean over and grab the attachment. Pull the weight towards you until you almost touch your abdominals. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower back. Repeat 4 sets of 12.
- Dips: Using a bench, hold your body at arms length. Then slowly lower your body down. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise your body back to where you started. Repeat 4 sets of 12.
As a Personal Trainer I work with clients to help them become the best version of themselves. By creating innovative and effective workout programs that produce lasting results. If your goals are to lose weight, get lean, and or build muscle I can help. Shop my workout programs and coaching services to get started.
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel. So you can keep up with my latest videos. I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.
For another arm workout see, upper body cable workout