I posted a workout video on my YouTube channel, a leg workout for beginners. I wanted to compliment it with a blog post. The exercises are listed below along with the link to the video.
Leg Workout For Beginners
- Smith Machine Squats: Start by standing straight with your toes slightly pointed out. Hold the bar with both hands, palms facing forward. Slowly lower the bar as you push your body back into a squat position. Your thighs should be parallel with the ground. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise the bar by pushing the heel of your foot against the ground back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Press: Sit down and hold your feet about shoulder width apart on the platform in front of you. Push the platform forward by pushing with the heel of your foot and extending your legs. Be sure to keep your knees slights bent (do not lock them). Pause and hold. Then slowly lower the platform back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Curl: Start by laying down and positioning your body on the machine. Next, curl your legs back as far as you can with out raise your thighs from the pad. Pause and hold. Then slowly lowers your legs back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Extension: Start by placing your legs under the pad and placing your hands on the side bars. Using your quads extend your legs out in front of you. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower your legs back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Calf Extension: Sit down with your knees slightly bent. Place the balls of your feet on the platform in front of you. Slowly press the platform down by pushing thru the balls of your feet as far as you can. Pause and hold. Then slowly release the platform back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Standing Calf Raises: Start by standing with your feet slightly apart with your hands on your hips. With your toes pointed straight raise the heels of your feet off the ground. Basically balancing the weight of your body on the balls of your feet. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower the heels of your feet back down to the ground. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
As a Personal Trainer I work with clients to help them become the best version of themselves. By creating innovative and effective workout programs that produce lasting results. If your goals are to lose weight, get lean, and or build muscle I can help. Shop my workout programs and coaching services to get started.
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel. So you can keep up with my latest videos. I hope you enjoyed this leg workout for beginners. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.
For more leg workouts see these other posts,