I posted a workout video on to my YouTube channel of muscle building shoulder exercises. I wanted to compliment it with a blog post. The exercises are listed below along with the link to the video.
Muscle Building Shoulder Exercises
- Push Ups: Start by laying on the floor, face down. Place your hands about shoulder with apart in front of you, palms facing down. Lift and hold your body at arms length. Next lower your body towards the ground until your chest almost touches the floor. Hold for a moment. Then push your body back up to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Pull Ups: Grab ahold of the pull up bar with your palms facing forward. Then lower your body until your arms are extended with a slight bend. Pause and hold. Then pull your body upward until your chest just barely touches the pull up bar. Repeat 3 sets of 15. If you have never done this exercise before, then use an assisted machine.
- Shoulder Press: Start with the dumbbells at shoulder height on either side of you. Make sure that the palms of your hands are facing forward. Then push the dumbbells up above you until they barely touch. Pause. Then bring them back down slowly. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Front Lateral Raises: You start this exercise standing with a pair of dumbbells resting on your thighs, palms facing down. Then lift your arms with the dumbbells in front of you. Make sure that you have a slight bend in your elbow. You are going to raise your arms until they are parallel with the ground. Pause for a moment at the top. Then slowly lower the dumbbells back down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Side Lateral Raises: This is very similar to the front dumbbell raise. The only difference, is that you start by holding the dumbbells by your side. You are going to raise your arms until they are parallel with the ground. Pause for a moment. Then slowly lower the dumbbells back down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Upright Row: Grab a straight bar with an overhand grip about shoulder width apart. Raise the bar to the top of your chest, just under your chin. Hold for a moment. Then lower the bar back down slowly. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
As a Personal Trainer I work with clients to help them become the best version of themselves. By creating innovative and effective workout programs that produce lasting results. If your goals are to lose weight, get lean, and or build muscle I can help. Shop my workout programs and coaching services to get started.
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel. So you can keep up with my latest videos. I hope you enjoyed these muscle building shoulder exercises. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.
If you are interested in more shoulder exercises see these other posts,