I posted a back routine workout video on my YouTube channel. I wanted to compliment it with this blog entry. The exercises are listed below along with the link to the video.
- Dumbbell Row: Lean over a bench with a dumbbell in your hand. Then pull your arm up towards you by retracting your shoulder blades. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower your arm.
- Pull Ups: Grab ahold of the pull up bar with your palms facing forward. Then lower your body until your arms are extended with a slight bend. Pause and hold. Then pull your body upward until your chest barely touches the pull up bar.
- Bent Over Barbell Row: Start with your body bent forward. Then hold a straight barbell across your thighs with your arms extended. Pull the barbell towards you, keeping your elbows in close to your body. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower the bar back down.
- Seated Cable Row: Using the v-bar attachment. Sit down on the row machine. Then place your feet on the platform in front of you. Grab the attachment and pull the weight towards you until you almost touch your abdominals. Pause and hold.
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: Grab the bar with your palms facing forward. Use a wide grip. Then extend your arms above and lean back. Pulldown the bar until it barely touches the top of your chest. Pause and hold.
- Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown: This exercise is similar to a wide grip lat pulldown. The only difference, is that you are going to grab the bar using a close grip. Also with your palms facing your torso.
- Hyperextensions: Position yourself between the hyperextension bench. Holding your body straight, cross your arms in front of your chest. Then bend forward at the waist as far as you can. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise your body back to where you started.
For other back exercises see,
If you’re interested in working with me then check out my coaching website. I offer customized personal training programs. If you don’t want one-on-one coaching, you can buy one of my downloadable training guides.
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel here so you can see the next video that I will be posting. I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. If you have any questions please comment below.