I posted a brutal back workout video on to my YouTube channel. I wanted to compliment it with a blog post. The exercises are listed below along with the link to the video.
Brutal Back Workout
- Dumbbell Row: Lean over a bench with a dumbbell in your hand. Start with your arm straight. Then pull your arm up towards you by retracting your shoulder blades. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower your arm. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Barbell Deadlifts: Start with your feet underneath the bar about hip width apart. Then bend down and hold the bar with a tight grip. Raise the bar slowly. Once you pass your knees drive your hips forward into the bar. Hold for a moment. Then slowly lower the bar back down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Pull Ups: Grab ahold of the pull up bar with your palms facing forward. As you hold onto the pull up bar, lower your body until your arms are extended with a slight bend. Pause and hold. Then pull your body upward until your chest just barely touches the pull up bar. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Face Pulls: Using a cable system, adjust the pulley to your height. Be sure to use the rope attachment. Then using both hands pull the weight towards your face. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower back. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Seated Cable Row: For this exercise use the v-bar attachment. Start by sitting down on the row machine and place your feet on the platform in front of you. Then lean over and grab the attachment. Pull the weight towards you until you almost touch your abdominals. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower back. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Wide Lateral Pulldown: Grab the bar with your palms facing forward. Use a wide grip. As your arms are extended above, lean back about 30 degrees. Then pulldown the bar until it barely touches the top of your chest. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise the bar back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
As a Personal Trainer I work with clients to help them become the best version of themselves. By creating innovative and effective workout programs that produce lasting results. If your goals are to lose weight, get lean, and or build muscle I can help. Shop my workout programs and coaching services to get started.
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel. So you can keep up with my latest videos. I hope you enjoyed this brutal back workout. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.
Check out these blog posts for more back workouts,