I posted a workout video on my YouTube channel, of an ab workout for beginners. I wanted to compliment it with a blog post. The exercises are listed below along with the link to the video.
Ab Workout For Beginners
- Leg Lifts: Start by lying down on a mat, with your legs extended straight out. Then place your hands underneath your glutes with your palms facing down. Slowly raise your legs up off the floor. Pause and hold at the top. Then slowly slower your legs back down to the mat. Repeat four sets of 25.
- Scissor Kicks: Start by lying down on a mat, with your legs extended straight out. Your arms should be by your side with your palms facing down. Slowly lift your legs up so that your heels are a few inches off the ground. Raise one foot above the other and then switch positions. Continue to do this switching movement until you are done with your set. Repeat four sets of 25.
- Plank: Start with your body in a push up position. Instead of having your palms face down on the ground and arms extended you’re going to lower your forearms to the ground. Keep your body straight and hold this position for one minute. Then rest for 30 secs, and repeat for 3 sets.
- Oblique Jack Knives: Start by lying down on your side. Curl your legs one on top of the other. Then place the arm of the side you are lying on in a comfortable spot, holding yourself up. Squeeze into your torso and slowly bring it up towards your legs and pause and hold at the top. Then slowly return back to the position where you are holding yourself up. Repeat four sets of 25.
- Oblique Plank Raises: Start by lying down on your side. Extend your legs out, one on top of the other. Then place your forearm of the side you lying on in a comfortable spot, holding yourself up. Lift your torso up off the ground. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower back down. Repeat four sets of 25.
- Crunches: Using a decline ab bench thread your knees thru one end and lie flat on your back. Then slowly raise your upper body up off the bench towards your knees. Pause and contract your abs at the top, hold. Then slowly lower back down. Repeat four sets of 25.
As a Personal Trainer I work with clients to help them become the best version of themselves. By creating innovative and effective workout programs that produce lasting results. If your goals are to lose weight, get lean, and or build muscle I can help. Shop my workout programs and coaching services to get started.
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel. So you can keep up with my latest videos. I hope you enjoyed this ab workout for beginners. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.
For more ab routines see,