Hi Everyone! I posted a workout video on to my YouTube channel of shoulder exercises. I wanted to compliment it with this blog entry. The exercises are listed below along with the link to my video.
- Push Ups: Start by laying on the floor, face down. Place your hands about shoulder with apart in front of you, palms facing down. Lift and hold your body at arms length. Next lower your body towards the ground until your chest almost touches the floor. Hold for a moment. Then push your body back up to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Pull Ups: Grab ahold of the pull up bar with your palms facing forward. Be sure to have a tight grip. As you hold onto the pull up bar, lower your body until your arms are extended with a slight bend. Pause and hold for a moment. Then pull your body upward until your chest just barely touches the pull up bar. Repeat 3 sets of 15. If you have never done this exercise before, use an assisted machine if it’s available in your gym.
- Shoulder Press: Start with the dumbbells at shoulder height on either side of you. Make sure that the palms of your hands are facing forward. Push the dumbbells up above you until they barely touch. Pause. Then bring them back down slowly. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Front Lateral Raises: You start this exercise standing with a pair of dumbbells resting on your thighs, palms facing down. Lift your arms with the dumbbells in front of you. Make sure that you have a slight bend in your elbow. You are going to raise your arms until they are parallel with the ground. Pause for a moment at the top. Then slowly lower the dumbbells back down. Make sure you do not to swing or rock your body while doing this exercise. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Side Lateral Raises: This is very similar to the front dumbbell raise. The only difference, is that you start by holding the dumbbells by your side, again with your palms facing you. You are going to raise your arms until they are parallel with the ground. Pause for a moment at the top. Then slowly lower the dumbbells back down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Upright Row: Grab a straight bar with an overhand grip about shoulder width apart. Raise the bar to the top of your chest, just under your chin. Hold for a moment. Then lower the bar back down slowly. Repeat 3 sets of 15. Make sure you do not to swing or rock your body while doing this exercise. Also keep your back straight.
If you have any questions feel free to comment below. Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel here so you can see the next video that I will be posting.