In my last blog post, I shared with you guys that I went to the Fort Lauderdale Fit Expo. While I was there I sat in a presentation by Vanessa Cine. She shared information about an app called BodySpace. It tracks your workouts and you can meet other fitness enthusiasts thru the app as well. I haven’t had a lot of structure to my workouts lately since the hurricane. So I decided to download the app and see what it had to offer.
I signed up for a program designed by Jamie Eason, Jamie Eason’s Livefit Trainer. So far I just finished the first week and I am about to start week two today. I’ll let you know my thoughts as I progress thru the program. Below is the workout that I did on Thursday, legs and calves. I have the workout listed below along with a link to the video on my Youtube channel.
- Smith Machine Squats: Start by standing straight with your toes slightly pointed out. Hold the bar with both hands, palms facing forward. Slowly lower the bar as you push your body back into a squat position. Your thighs should be parallel with the ground. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise the bar by pushing the heel of your foot against the ground back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Press: Sit down and hold your feet about shoulder width apart on the platform in front of you. Push the platform forward by pushing with the heel of your foot and extending your legs. Be sure to keep your knees slights bent (do not lock them). Pause and hold. Then slowly lower the platform back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Curl: Start by laying down and positioning your body on the machine. Next, curl your legs back as far as you can with out raise your thighs from the pad. Pause and hold. Then slowly lowers your legs back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Extension: Start by placing your legs under the pad and placing your hands on the side bars. Using your quads extend your legs out in front of you. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower your legs back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Calf Extension: Sit down with your knees slightly bent. Place the balls of your feet on the platform in front of you. Slowly press the platform down by pushing thru the balls of your feet as far as you can. Pause and hold. Then slowly release the platform back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Standing Calf Raises: Start by standing with your feet slightly apart with your hands on your hips. With your toes pointed straight raise the heels of your feet off the ground. Basically balancing the weight of your body on the balls of your feet. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower the heels of your feet back down to the ground. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
For more leg workouts see these other posts,
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel here so you can see the next video that I will be posting.
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. If you have any questions please comment below.