I went home to Tampa for Memorial Day weekend. It was a fun trip. I was able to catch up with my close friends and family. I also left with a tan. Even though it was a short three day weekend, I took this opportunity to vlog how I pack for a trip. The video is linked below along with my packing list.
Rules of Thumb
- Pack a laundry bag so you can pack your dirty laundry in it.
- If you don’t have a laundry bag, you can use a plastic garbage bag or small grocery bag. Sometimes if I forget, if you check in your hotel closet they have plastic bags for you to put your dry cleaning, I’ll grab that and use it instead.
- Plan a outfit for each day.
- That way you don’t over pack.
- Use a separate bag for your shoes and or section off your shoes in your suitcase.
- Pack one outfit in your carry on.
- In case you lose your luggage.
- Pack Toiletries last.
- As you are getting ready to leave, you usually end up using some of your toiletries, pack them last so you can do a once over before you leave and not forget anything.
- Hair tie (at least two in case one breaks)
- Cell phone
- Hand sanitizer
- Technology (charge the night before – phone – camera – ipad – kindle)
- Gum (to help your ears pop on the flight)
- Hand lotion
- Lip balm
- Bathing Suit
- Active Wear
- Hair Tools
- Hair Accessories
- Hair Products
- Make Up
- Nail Clippers
- Tooth Paste
- Tooth Brush
- Face Wash
- Body Wash
- Lotion (Carry On)
- Lady Products
- Deodorant (Carry On)
- Perfume (Carry On)
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel here so you can see the next video that I will be posting.
I hope this packing list was helpful. Do you have any tips and tricks for when you pack for a trip? Comment below.