I went home to Tampa for Memorial Day weekend. It was a fun trip. I was able to catch up with my close friends and family. I also left with a tan. Even though it was a short three day weekend. I took this opportunity to vlog how I pack for a trip. The video is linked below along with my packing list.
Whenever I get ready to pack for a trip I grab my iPhone. In my “notes” I have a list of all my packing essentials. I made this list a long time ago so that I wouldn’t forget anything. It has made packing so much easier. Now I know this list will look different for everybody. I have mine listed below. So you can use it as a tool for when you’re packing for a trip.
Rules of Thumb
- Pack a laundry bag so you can pack your dirty laundry in it.
- If you don’t have a laundry bag, you can use a plastic garbage bag or small grocery bag. Sometimes, if you check in your hotel closet they have plastic bags for you to put your dry cleaning. I’ll grab that and use it instead.
- Plan a outfit for each day.
- That way you don’t over pack.
- Use a separate bag for your shoes and or section off your shoes in your suitcase.
- Pack one outfit in your carry on.
- In case you lose your luggage.
- Pack Toiletries last.
- As you are getting ready to leave, you usually end up using some of your toiletries. Pack them last so you can do a once over before you leave and not forget anything.
How To Pack For A Trip
- Hair tie (at least two in case one breaks)
- Cell phone
- Hand sanitizer
- Technology (charge the night before – phone – camera – ipad – kindle)
- Gum (to help your ears pop on the flight)
- Hand lotion
- Lip balm
- Bathing Suit
- Active Wear
- Tooth Paste
- Tooth Brush
- Face Wash
- Body Wash
- Lotion (Carry On)
- Lady Products
- Deodorant (Carry On)
- Perfume (Carry On)
- Contacts & Glasses
- Contact Case & Contact Solution
- Hair Brush
- Hair Ties
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Make Up
- Nail Clippers
Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel here so you can see the next video that I will be posting.
I hope this list was helpful. Do you have any tips and tricks for when you pack for a trip? What do you pack differently that isn’t on my list? If you have any questions feel free to comment below.