Hi Everyone! I posted a workout video on to my YouTube channel of a FULL Leg Workout. I wanted to compliment it with this blog entry. The exercises are listed below along with the link to my video.
Full Leg Workout
- Weighted Walking Lunges: Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand by your side and your feet together. Then step forward with your right leg, bending your knee into a 90 degree angle. Also make sure that your knee does not pass your toes. Pause and hold. Using the heel of your foot push up and go back to where you started. Then repeat the same steps for your left leg. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Weighted Step Ups: Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand by your side and your feet together. Facing a bench, step up by putting your foot on top of the bench. Then extend thru your hip and knee to stand up on the bench. As you are standing on the bench, raise the knee of your other leg as high as you can. Then slowly lowers the knee and step down off the bench back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Smith Machine Squats: Start by standing straight with your toes slightly pointed out. Hold the bar with both hands, palms facing forward. Then slowly lower the bar as you push your body back into a squat position. Your thighs should be parallel with the ground. Pause and hold. Then slowly raise the bar by pushing the heel of your foot against the ground back to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Press: Sit down and hold your feet about shoulder width apart on the platform in front of you. Then push the platform forward by pushing with the heel of your foot and extending your legs. Also be sure to keep your knees slightly bent (do not lock them). Pause and hold. Then slowly lower the platform back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Curl: Start by laying down and positioning your body on the machine. Then curl your legs back as far as you can with out raise your thighs from the pad. Pause and hold. Then slowly lowers your legs back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
- Leg Extension: Start by placing your legs under the pad and placing your hands on the side bars. Then using your quads extend your legs out in front of you. Pause and hold. Then slowly lower your legs back down to where you started. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
For more leg workouts see these other posts,
If you have any questions feel free to comment below. Don’t forget to “Like” this video and to “Subscribe” to my YouTube channel here so you can see the next video that I will be posting.